What is a Certified Pedorthist?
Dealing with a specialist like a Certified Pedorthist is the absolute best choice when it comes to pricing, fabrication, and putting everything you need into the orthotics to help you with your problem.
What is a A Certified Pedorthist?
A Certified Pedorthist – C.Ped., BOCPD or C.Ped (C) is a health professional who is trained to assess patients, formulate and implement a treatment plan and follow-up with patients. The services provided include, but are not limited to:
- The evaluation and documentation of Biomechanics
- In-shoe pressure mapping
- Gait analysis including temporal and spatial assessment
- Range of motion
- Footwear analysis
- Review of potentially complicated health factors
- Skin integrity
- Pedorthic requirements
- Poprioception and environmental barriers including social, home and work integration.
Formulation of a treatment
- Verification of prescription/documentation
- Evaluation of the prescription rationale
- A needs assessment based on patient and/or caregiver input
- Development of functional goals
- Analysis of structural and design requirements
- Consultation with and/or referral to other health care professionals as required
Implementation of the treatment plan
- Acquisition of / modification and/or rectification of anthropometric data
- Casting and measuring for custom footwear
- Material selection and fabrication
- Fitting and modifying standard and orthopaedic footwear
- Accommodating/incorporating complementary assistive devices
- Fabrication of pedorthic devices
- Device structural evaluation
- Patient education and instruction
Follow-up treatment plan
- Documentation of functional changes
- Formulation of modifications to ensure successful outcomes
- Reassessment of patient expectations
- Reassessment of treatment objectives
- Development of long term treatment plan
- Confirmation of patient education and instruction
Basically, when you go to another medical professional, they do not extensively look at the problem in order to fully educate or devise a solution for the patient or customer's problem. They get the most time and patient care when they go straight to the person who will be making the support, nothing gets left out and they aftercare service is always superior.